You can avoid getting yellow teeth by reading this blog
While celebrities and models may wear pearly white teeth, the smiles of most people are a tad duller.
This shouldn’t be too surprising, right?
Several things can affect the colour of your teeth and turn them that dreaded yellow hue.
Well, this may make some individuals feel self-conscious about their appearance and reluctant to smile.
In today’s world, the power of a picture has been more reliable with Instagram and other social media outlets in our lives. If not Instagram, maybe some events, like a grandson graduating from college or university or your child getting married, could lead you to think that “I want pearly white teeth!”
Here are the 7 reasons why you have yellow teeth:
If you try to avoid this, you could naturally gain a pearly white smile!
“I use tobacco products or smoke .” – Do you? Then quit it now!
Nicotine and tar are to blame. These items can lead your teeth to turn yellow, or brown. It depends on the quantity used.
“Brushing and Flossing” – How often should I do it?
Are you brushing and flossing recommended by your dentist? If not, it is time to start. When plaque isn’t sufficiently excluded, it could produce yellow stains. However, if you don’t eliminate the plaque within 24 hours, it stiffens into a yellow cement-like material which is called tartar. Only a dental professional can eliminate tartar properly. So, better brush or floss regularly.
“I love coffee, blueberries, wine, … the good life”. It won’t remain suitable for a long time.
Sounds like you? Well, be careful! Though your affection for food and drink is not one we want to separate, these things stain your teeth. Seriously, if you eat acidic things, you could be giving yourself acid abrasion, which reduces the white enamel of the teeth by revealing the yellow layers underneath.
I grew up in a fluoride-rich area. Is it?
The right measure of fluoride restores teeth from cavities. In uncontrolled environments, where fluoride levels in the water aren’t monitored, yellow or brown staining is fixed.
Genetics or ageing. This might be a reason too!
Yes, you heard it right!
We loathe to say it, but sometimes, not everything is in our control. Teeth generally progress to yellow slowly as we age. Also, genetics can play a significant role.
How Can I Prevent Teeth Discoloration?
- If you want to prevent the teeth discolouration, making a few simple lifestyle adjustments may be able to aid you.
- For example, if you are a coffee drinker or smoker, consider cutting back or leaving altogether.
- Try to improve your dental hygiene by brushing, flossing, and using a mouthwash regularly.
- Get your teeth polished and cleaned by a dental professional every 6 months.
- If your teeth seem to be an abnormal colour without ready explanation and other indications are also present, then make an appointment to visit your dentist.
Well, you can also consult us. We are one of the leading Dental Hospitals in India. Add website link
What Treatment Options Are Accessible to Whiten My Teeth?
- Treatment options to whiten teeth can fluctuate depending on the condition of the discolouration, and it may involve:
- Using conventional tooth brushing and flossing techniques
- Avoidance of the foods and beverages that produce stains
- Using over-the-counter whitening agents
- In-home whitening agents purchased from your dentist
- Dental clinic whitening procedures
Do you have other reasons for why we have yellow teeths? Please share them in the comments below!
We make smiles beautiful!
A healthy smile and better well-being, all start at City Dental Hospital. Experience the highest dental healthcare standards with state-of-the-art technology, and durable bio-friendly materials that focus on all preventive, painless, and cosmetic dental procedures in Rajkot at City Dental Hospital. With our years of experience, we are committed to providing patients with superior dental health and a complete range of services to give them the smile that they deserve.
At City Dental Hospital, the top Dental Hospital in Gujarat, we offer flexible timing, individual attention, affordability, accurate explanation of treatments, and excellent patient care. Here, we follow strict and stringent hygiene protocols.
If you also want to change something about your smile, consider dental veneers.
If you want to know more about oral thrush or dental tips, follow us on: