We all know that poor oral hygiene can impact our overall health. Through the mouth, you eat and consume everything if it’s not clean then the germs will go inside your body. So, it is essential to maintain your oral health.
But do you know anything about oral hygiene?
Worry not, in this blog we will reveal everything about Oral Hygiene.
What is Good Oral Hygiene?
Excellent oral hygiene results in a mouth that looks good and smells fresh.
- Your teeth are cleaned and free of debris
- You will have pink gums that do not hurt or bleed while or floss
- Bad breath is not a consistent problem
If your gums do tear or bleed while brushing or flossing, or you are experiencing bad breath, then you should see your dentist. Any of these conditions may indicate a severe problem in the future.
A dentist or hygienist can assist you in learning healthy oral hygiene routines and can further point out areas of your mouth that may need extra attention during brushing and flossing.
How is Good Oral Hygiene Practiced?
Maintaining excellent oral hygiene is one of the most influential things you can do for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth not only empower you to look and feel good, but they also make it possible to eat and speak accurately. Excellent oral health is imperative to your overall well-being.
Regular preventive care, like proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop. It is less painful, inexpensive, and worrisome than treating conditions that have been allowed to progress.
While regular visits to the dentist, if you follow these simple steps, it can significantly lessen the danger of tooth decay, gum problems, and other severe dental problems. It includes:
- Brush twice a day thoroughly and floss regularly
- Eat a balanced diet and stop eating snacks between meals
- Use dental products which include fluoride, such as toothpaste
- Make sure that your children under 12 drink fluoridated water only or take a fluoride supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
What are the Proper Brushing Techniques?
Following are a few proper brushing techniques:
- Turn the brush at a 45° angle against the gum line and clean or roll the brush away from the gumline.
- Lightly brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes.
- Gently brush your tongue to eliminate bacteria and freshen breath.
What are the Proper Flossing Techniques?
Following are the proper flossing techniques:
- Use about 18″ of floss, and leave an inch or two to work with.
- Gently follow the curves of your teeth.
- Be sure to clean under the gum line, but avoid snapping the floss on the gums.
This article is signified to advance the understanding of and knowledge about general oral health issues. It is not meant to be a substitute for expert advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the guidance of your dentist or another equipped healthcare provider with any issues you may have regarding a therapeutic condition or treatment.
To know more about oral healthcare problems, consult us: Contact Us
We make smiles beautiful!
A healthy smile and better well-being, all start at City Dental Hospital. Experience the highest dental healthcare standards with state-of-the-art technology, and durable bio-friendly materials that focus on all preventive, painless, and cosmetic dental procedures in Rajkot at City Dental Hospital. With our years of experience, we are committed to providing patients with superior dental health and a complete range of services to give them the smile that they deserve.
At City Dental Hospital, the top Dental Hospital in Gujarat, we offer flexible timing, individual attention, affordability, accurate explanation of treatments, and excellent patient care. Here, we follow strict and stringent hygiene protocols.
If you also want to change something about your smile, consider dental veneers.
If you want to know more about oral thrush or dental tips, follow us on: